Website Terms and Conditions of Use
1. About the Website
- Welcome to the VetsDirect Australia and New Zealand website (https://vetsdirect.app) (the ‘Website‘) and is operated by VetPartners.
- Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully.
- These Terms constitute your agreement with us relating to your use of the Website. These Terms do not govern the provision of any services or products by us to you and do not affect the terms of any other agreement you have entered with us. The terms of any other agreement you have entered with us will prevail over these Terms to the extent of any inconsistency.
- You must only use the Website for lawful and proper purposes and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that apply in Australia and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Website.
- By accessing or using the Website you signify that you have read these Terms and agree to be bound by and comply with them. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, please immediately discontinue use of the Website.
2. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website and all the related products and services of VetsDirect are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) are owned or controlled by VetsDirect and all such rights are reserved by VetsDirect.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by VetsDirect, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- VetsDirect does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or any related products or services. All other rights are expressly reserved by VetsDirect.
- VetsDirect retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related products and services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trademark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trademark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- to you or any third party.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of VetsDirect and the permission of any other relevant rights owners, broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Website or any related products or services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms.
- If you provide us with personal information through the Website, we may log your usage of the site to assist us to make our website(s) more accessible and valuable to our community.
- The Website uses first party and third party cookies together to serve advertisements based on your visits to the Website and third party websites. VetsDirect uses third party services (including Google Analytics) to undertake demographic analysis of visitors to our website(s) and to display advertisements on third-party websites.
- You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. You can control the settings and/or opt out of display advertisements using Google’s Ad Settings (https://www.google.com.au/settings/ads).
- The internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Whilst VetsDirect takes reasonable steps to ensure that information it receives is maintained securely, it cannot ensure that communications conducted via the internet will be secure.
4. General Disclaimer and Limitations of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded (‘non-excludable obligations’).
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- VetsDirect will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Website or these Terms, whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- Subject to any non-excludable obligations, we give no warranty (express or implied) or guarantee that information, services and materials contained on the Website are accurate, complete, current, or fit for any use whatsoever. All such information, services and materials are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and subject to any non-excludable obligations, we and individual contributors to the Website exclude all liability (including in negligence) for any loss arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon information, services and materials contained on the Website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and subject to any non-excludable obligations, we are not responsible or liable (including in negligence) for any factual inaccuracies, technical errors, corruption of data or unauthorised access of your personal information in connection with the Website.
- We and individual contributors to the Website do not purport to provide legal or other expert advice through the Website and if legal or other expert advice is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.
- The Website may contain links to the websites of other organisations. We do not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information contained within these linked websites. You will not hold us liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of, or reliance upon, the materials which appear at any linked site. Your access to and use of linked websites is solely at your own risk.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. You should be aware that material found on linked sites may contain intellectual property protected by law, including that it is likely to be protected by copyright and may also contain trademarks. It is your responsibility to use the material on each linked site in accordance with the site’s specific terms and conditions of use and any other laws or requirements which may apply.
5. Termination and Suspension
- Subject to local applicable laws, VetsDirect reserves the right to suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or any related products or services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts VetsDirect’ name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by VetsDirect as set out below.
- VetsDirect may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- VetsDirect is required to do so by law;
- the provision of VetsDirect’ products and services are, in the opinion of VetsDirect, no longer commercially viable.
6. Governing law
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the State of New South Wales. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdictions of the Courts of the State of New South Wales and of the Commonwealth of Australia including any courts having appellate jurisdiction.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part will be severed, and the rest of the Terms will remain in force.